Sunday 19 December 2010

Take me Away

So we all do it at some point...we do it when we’re fast asleep in dreamland, we do it when we’re at the cinema watching a movie, we do it overseas when on holiday. We try to escape from reality...sometimes without really knowing what it is that we’re running from, and what we’re running towards. It’s as if we’re allergic to life and are constantly looking for a repeat prescription to cure ourselves of our daily regime. I hold my hands up, I'm guilty as charged... 





I love to get away from it all – though I'm not quite sure what “it all” includes..maybe its responsibilities, uni, a break from my phone and email..the pursuit for finding Mr. Right. My crazy ex and his even more insane antics. But like all realities the time comes when you eventually wake up from the dream when the alarm sounds...something always brings us back – whether it be family, work or uni...

Reality typically comes knocking just as you’re about to close the doors on it. 

Magicians seem to have mastered the art of escaping through some of life’s greatest tricks....which leads to the question...Is escaping merely an illusion?  A coverlet of denial we use to cover up reality?...I guess the truth is...no matter how many how many ventures we try and flee to, the truth of the matter is…you can run, you can hide, but you can never truly escape...





Bisousxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment